CallingStation TDS Policy
- Section 194B of the Income Tax Act requires every online poker player to pay 30% income tax on the total net income generated in a year. Players can withdraw their deposit amount TDS-free anytime, regardless of their wins or losses.
- There is no TDS applicable if the redeem amounts are less than 10K (winnings) in a financial year on CallingStation.
- TDS is applicable at the time of redemption only on net winnings (Total Withdrawals – Total Deposits) from withdrawals during the financial year at the time of the withdrawal
- Winnings are calculated as below:
- [Winnings = Total Withdrawals – Total Deposits (at the time of withdrawal) in current Financial Year (April 1 – March 31).
- For instance, at the time of attempting a withdrawal of INR 5000, your total withdrawals (including current withdrawal amount) for the financial year = 40K and total deposits = 20K. In this case, your winnings would be calculated as:
- Winnings for FY = Total withdrawals – Total Deposits = 40,000 – 20,000 = INR 20,000.
- In this case, the winnings (20K) exceed 10K, hence will attract a TDS of 30% on the withdrawal amount.